Monday, June 9, 2008

Nondini and Ryan travel...slowly but surely.

As all good journeys go, the will and strength of the traveler is tested early on :)...and we haven't even left East coast.

The flight from Portland, Maine to NYC to is a mere 50 minutes, yesterday after 6 hours on the runway in Portland our flight was eventually cancelled due to weather in NYC. Even in the midst of chaos and frustration, there were some beautiful moments. One of the women from Jetblue went above and beyond to book us on the next flight that left at midnight, and ran around to find and hand check our bags. Amazingly 4 suitcases arrived in JFK safe and sound. Nevertheless we missed our flight from NYC to Dubai.

After arriving at 2AM we "slept" at the ticket counter and called Emirates trying to reschedule our flights. After 7 phonecalls and reports that we'd not be able to leave NYC for 4 days, I felt terrible. Luckily the ticket agent confirmed us for a flight tomorrow, and I was so happy I thought I'd do a dance in JFK. We'll be arriving in Addis 2 days later than anticipated but it will be so exciting to get on our way!

After happily resting, bathing, and eating at the Holiday Inn express feeling incredibly appreciative of the comfortable bed, free internet access, free breakfast and nice shower. The photographs of Addis, and the smiling faces of Liz and John have only made me feel better, and after a nice chat with Liz on the phone I'm feeling great.

What a wonderful team we have!

1 comment:

Terri of Durham, NC said...

Ryan and Nondini - I am so happy you arrived safe and sound! We miss you terribly here in Durham!! Please keep us updated on your travels. - Terri